Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Puppy Has Green Slimy Poop

common concern and generational reading

From the book "Classic Polish Intelligence" excerpt from an interview with Roman Dmowski, where the legendary meeting m.in Dmowski of Jozef Pilsudski in Tokyo:

"And with Jozef Pilsudski, he met Mr. President then?. While
- from contact can be called a nine-talk - that it was not in Krakow, but on the other side of the globe - in Japan. It was in 1905 - said further Dmowski.
- I learned that Pilsudski intends to go to Japan to get help for the forthcoming rise in the Kingdom. For the reasons that you probably know, I saw the uprising as inappropriate and decided to go to Tokyo to paralyze the action of Pilsudski. Also came to Tokyo in front of him.
- In front of him?
- Yes. If I came after him, it would be too late. I adopted several times by the deputy head of the Japanese General Staff. I gave him two statements about the situation of Poles in Russia. Reactionary "Novoye wremja" learned from indiscreet notes, "Corriere della Serra" on my visit to Tokyo and dopytywały what there doing Dmowski? I managed to keep the fact from the beginning of incognito until the Italian journalist he betrayed my presence.
- One day I went to the post office to give the letter. Suddenly, I see that going down the street two carts pulled by men, as usual, and they see something strange unfamiliar faces, which was very Polish. When you drove closer to my side, I met one passenger: it was Filipowicz. I shouted at him:
- Where are you going as?
Filipowicz said
- For you!
- Well, wait a minute, I'll be here soon.
It was three o'clock in the afternoon, when the three of us started talking - because the second traveler was Pilsudski. Around the fifth left us Filipowicz. Alone in the two talked with Pilsudski to midnight. knew that not convinced - but how much we had common concerns and feelings! Piłsudski said: "Vilify you will not be here, but I will bother you ..." "Do not

beautiful underlined this sentence? Some generations have a common concern, feeling, because I read by the same books, were experiencing the same thing, there were some generational reading, breathe the same atmosphere. For example, builders of the Second Republic were brought up on Sienkiewicz, Zeromski, the generation of the Warsaw Uprising reportedly very liked Joseph Conrad drew inspiration from his books. His Shadow Line listened to an audiobook on the way to a family ski holidays with great pleasure.

And how is it now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment